Disk usage warning

Hello,
I got a disk usage problem like this:
myrna@magnusts.com) is using 369.99/50 MB (739.98%)
I’ve deleted all the mails from this account, but still its blocked. I checked it from web mail as admin, no problem there. So, any quick solution?
Thanks

It won’t be instantaneous, but how 'bout upping the quota for that user? A quota change may take a half hour or so to take effect.

Then you can start tracking down usage via the Panel for databases, mail, and general disk usage.

-Scott

As I m a very new user, can u please describe me what’s "upping the quota "? And how can i do this?

From the Control Panel, there are a couple of ways to do it:

1. select Users -> Manage Users, then select the “edit” button on the right of the screen adjacent to the user in question, set the new limit, and submit the form.

2. select Mail -> Manage email, then then select the “edit” button on the right of the screen adjacent to the user in question, set the new limit, and submit the form.

It appears that each of these sets the “total disk” quota for that user (which includes disk storage for web stuff and email).

Also, note that the quotas are only checked once per day, and there may be a delay after you have made the change for the system to recognize that more space is available.

When deleting old email to make more room, make sure you don’t forget to empty the “old-messages” folder also (stuff gets rotated into there when “old”). Many users forget about it as it is not “subscribed” in webmail by default. :wink:

–rlparker