Disk Usage Update "Current"?

I know from DH’s control panel that the bandwidth is “only updated once per day”, but how about disk usage? Is what shows as “current” actually current, as of this second, or minute or hour? Thanks.

DreamRegistrar.com - Register your own domain with DreamHost for just $14.95 now

Seems that nobody is checking their disk space any more these days, as it is so damn cheap?

DreamRegistrar.com - Register your own domain with DreamHost for just $14.95 now

I don’t believe the disk space status is updated in real time. I’ve always just used “du -hc” when I needed to know how much a directory uses up.

But as you said, I’m not checking it much - got plenty more than I need :slight_smile:

Pointy-Ears.net

You can use the “quota” command to display your current usage vs. your hard quota.

Blocks and files… there are quotas for both (“blocks” is the amount of space; “files” is the number of files).

[andor]$ quota Disk quotas for user wby (uid 31964): Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace 10.3.34.152:/vol/whirly/swarthy/fireside 50372 9338880 9338880 2169 2334720 2334720

The NFS thing makes it confusing because you’ll see quotas set on mutlple filesystems - they should all be identical, though.

Note that “quota” is the hard quota, not the soft quota. We don’t actually enforce soft quotas other than to charge you for exceeding them.