Disk Space and Bandwidth

I am having issues. I usually don’t go into my admin cp for anything and I was in there rooting around and came across this.

Your Account Provides:

247512 MB Disk (Grows 1024 MB / week)
Used: 1600 MB (0.6% - Overage $.10/MB)
2744 GB BW per Cycle (Grows 16 GB / week)
Used this Cycle: 0.0 GB (0.0% - Overage: $1/GB

I went to the sign up and it said 1.45 for space and bandwidth.

I am wondering what is going on with this?

http://www.studyof911.com

your account (as any other on DH) grows every week in HD space and BW.
Some time ago, DH anounced that they would be reducing space for new users, to try to change the image they had of overselling

BUGabundo :o)
promo here
50$ discount with promo code “BUG50” on ALL plans
Free lifetime Domain with “BUGDOMAIN” promo code

I’m not sure what exact issue your having…

When you say “I went to the sign up and it said 1.45 for space and bandwidth,” does this mean that when you signed up you thought you were supposed to get 145GB of disk and 1.45TB of transfer? Did you sign up in the past month or so? When did you sign up?

When you signed up, did you use a promo code? If so, you would have gotten 200GB of disk and 2TB of transfer.

BTW, you’re not using much of your disk or transfer and aren’t even close to going over your limits so there’s virtually zero chance that you’ll have to pay any overage fees.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

You know that was just a joke, right?

Had it been a serious attempt to not look like oversellers, they would’ve had to drop everything by 98% and take away the weekly growth. :smiley:

Luckily, they (unlike competitors that bash them) get how overselling works, so there’s no need to lower anything.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

No i have been on about a yr now. I am just wondering. We are suppost to get 200g space and 2tb bw right??

So they are giving us extra??

Why is this and why dont they just have a set # for things… It just seems odd or something.

http://www.studyof911.com

[quote]http://www.studyof911.com/

[/quote]

They wouldn’t admit it, but it could have something to do with where the 3-letter agencies store surveillance data and conspiracy evidence. It sure seems like something funny is going on.

[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0=>Max Discount[/color] [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2=>Max - $1.[/color] Being mean doesn’t make you look smarter than him. And bigoted remarks are not appreciated on this forum.

[quote]No i have been on about a yr now. I am just wondering. We are suppost to get 200g space and 2tb bw right??

So they are giving us extra??

Why is this and why dont they just have a set # for things… It just seems odd or something.[/quote]
Yes, you got 200GB of disk space and 2TB bandwidth to start off and you get a little extra for every week that you remain a customer. DreamHost says on their website: “It’s our way of saying ‘Thanks for stickin’ with us!’” but I’m sure it’s not just gratitude. It must be an attempt to be popular… Some marketing gimmick… (just kidding, I imagine it’s both good marketing and rewarding to their best customers)

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I know.
I’m just going with the flow.
lolol

Every one knows, that IF they wanted they could very well had cut on the plans.
Instead, anyone using a promo code, still gets a FULL account.

BUGabundo :o)
promo here
50$ discount with promo code “BUG50” on ALL plans
Free lifetime Domain with “BUGDOMAIN” promo code

So does it just keep going up?

does it change at some point to lower???

Posted by: anonymous2
"http://www.studyof911.com/

They wouldn’t admit it, but it could have something to do with where the 3-letter agencies store surveillance data and conspiracy evidence. It sure seems like something funny is going on."

Your referring to the site I take right?

Yes.

No.