Discussion Lists

Ok I’ve set up my discussion list but I would like to make it so everybody on the list can reply to an email without needing approval. I’ve looked everywhere, or at least I think I have but I can’t seem to find the right option through the admin panel of the discussion list…

Can anybody help please?

$50 Discount 1LUCID50 Sign up now

From memory, this is a User permission issue, so you’ll have to edit your Users so they’re unmoderated. I don’t know if there’s a way to make that the default setting.

-Scott

I seem to have a problem with this… I looked at the membership list, at the table legend and at their setting. It says the following:

“mod – The user’s personal moderation flag. If this is set, postings from them will be moderated, otherwise they will be approved.”

By my understanding, if the members have this checked, they will need to have all their posts approved. Unchecked would mean they can post without the need for approval.

Now all of my members are (by default) unchecked, yet the two posts so far (including my own) have had to be approved. On one of those I set the poster to always approved and nothing changed in the membership table.

Is this just a glitch or am I just misunderstanding/

$50 Discount 1LUCID50 Sign up now

I’m having the same problem. I don’t want to have to moderate/approve every individual message.

I have verified that moderation set to “off” for all subscribers. (Every subscriber’s “mod” column checkbox is unchecked.)

I have verified that emergency moderation is set to “off”. (“Set everyone’s moderation bit, including those members not currently visible” is set to “off”.)

HELP!

Thanks.