Discussion Lists

Are the discussions lists still down?

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2005 - 11:54:08 AM PST (6 hours 59 mins ago)

One of our discussion list servers is having problems and is down at the moment. We are working
to get it up and running again. Any email destined for the discussion list server will be queued up
and delivered later.

Down as of 2pm EST, July 3rd.

This is the Postfix program at host frontend1.messagingengine.com.

####################################################################

THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

####################################################################

Your message could not be delivered for 2.0 hours.
It will be retried until it is 1.0 days old.

For further assistance, please send mail to

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

work-talk-domain.ltd@list.domain.ltd: connect to
list.domain.ltd[66.33.216.120]: Connection timed out

My lists went down sometime around 11am, pdt yesterday (July 2), came up briefly around 3am today (July 3), they quickly went back down again and haven’t been up since. :frowning:

i’m sure dreamhost is on top of this issue; the only problem I see is their turnaround time for ‘problem fixing’ is abysmal at best. that’s why I transferred all my email services to another provider. I could stand something like a discussion list to be down for hours, or days in this case, but not having email access for hours at a time is simply unacceptable. well, you get what you pay for, eh? :wink:

I do have use of my private email accounts on Dreamhost but not my lists. My music list would have come in handy to discuss the Live8 concerts. It would be nice to have my lists for my greyhound rescue group in case any dogs got loose due to the 4th fireworks.

Thanks goodness I can still use the phone for the latter so it’s not crucial, just a nuisance. It seems as though no one’s home at Dreamhost and I find that troubling.

List mail started trickling in within the past hour. Thanks! I hope the list server stays up.