Discussion lists not working?

Since early this morning, users at my site have sent several e-mails to various discussion lists, and not one has gone through. However, the messages do show up in the list archives as though they’ve been sent.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Thanks,
David

Same problem here

Probably has to do with whatever it is that’s breaking the mail servers…

Whoa. Just got a reply from DH support, maybe 1:45 after I first submitted my request. That’s a heck of a lot better than they’ve been doing lately. It’s a shame the answer isn’t more satisfying, though. But it’s at least good to have something to report back to the troops.

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006, DH support wrote:

[i]The mailing list server is doing its monthly sending of membership reminders for all members of all lists, so it has a large queue that it has to churn through. It also looks like its going slower than it should, so while this is normally not an issue, it is now. Our admins are looking into the issue further. The messages are indeed being saved and will be sent as soon as it gets to them. It should catch up overnight.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have further questions.[/i]

Same problem here, even before the email problems they announced this (Thursday) morning. An email I sent to one of my discussion lists yesterday afternoon came thru at something like 4am this morning.

I agree with the last post. I don’t believe that this issue is merely caused by their troubleshooting. I think they’re running into capacity issues. Sometimes emails to lists go right through, other times it’s taken d…a…y…s…

Unacceptably slow, and no real acknowledgement through their status page.

I setup with dreamhost due to twiki’s close ties - that was merely for a grad program, I might have to switch entirely to my personal provider (www.pair.com - highly recommended) to make sure these emails go through. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to a business owner.