Disc Quota exceeded? (FTP use)

Hello there!

ermh… I’m fairly new to DH but I’m getting my way around until I realized that I couldn’t upload anything from my FTP to the domain because the FTP program said “Disc quota exceeded” What does that mean?? I accidently hit a large zip file and started transferring it instead of something I had intended but didn’t realize it until it was too late and after that, the FTP has said the same thing over and over sigh

How do I fix the problem, and/or how long will it be this way until I can start uploading things to my domain again? :\

Please help.

[center][maroon]“When you light a candle, you create a shadow”[/maroon][Icenter]

Chronicles of Aerune

You’ve apparently used more disk space than your quota allows, in the Panel, under Users or Status, Disk Space. You could up the quota or erase something if it will allow you. Not sure how often it updates, but changing the quota in the panel may give it a kick.

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

You might have set at custom quota for your user in the panel. That’s pretty easy to do if you assign an email account to a user. Go to the panel and take a look at your user settings to see if you have set a disk quota. In that case, remove the quota or simple set one that is higher.

Oooh! I didn’t even realize I had a limit of upload hehe. Thank you for the quick reply, very appreciated ^^

I seem to be pending atm so I guess all I need now is to sit down and have patience :wink:

Thank you!

[center][maroon]“When you light a candle, you create a shadow”[/maroon][/center]

~Chronicles of Aerune ~

I’m still waiting, not sure how long I should wait for it to work but the little clock has vanished from the DH account at least so I’m not pending anymore.

This is what it says on my FTP when refusing to upload:
(I’ve taken my IP away for obvious reasons :wink:

[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 Type set to I
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (***,***,**,,***,***).
[R] Opening data connection IP: ***.***.**. PORT: *****
[R] STOR mirabaravi.png
[R] 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for mirabaravi.png
[R] 552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded
[R] Transfer Failed!
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to A
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (*,,,,*,).
[R] Opening data connection IP: ***.***.**. PORT: *****
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
[R] 226 Transfer complete.
[R] List Complete: 182 bytes in 2,06 seconds (0,1 KB/s)
Transfer queue completed
1 File failed to transfer

[maroon]“When you light a candle, you create a shadow”[/maroon]

~Chronicles of Aerune ~

Try purple :slight_smile:

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

but I wanted maroon! :stuck_out_tongue: wink

And, thanks you guys, my FTP works now! I had to wait a few hours for the change in account to actually get through the thick serket to my FTP grumble :wink: but it works purrrrfect now! ^^

Thanks for all the help, very appreciated!

“When you light a candle, you create a shadow”

~Chronicles of Aerune ~