Difficulties moving from Yahoo to Dreamhost

I have a domain registered through Yahoo Geocities Pro, and have been having a terrible time trying to get the nameservers changed over to Dreamhost.

http://www.melbourneit.com.au/maintenance/ is the registrar, and upon entering in Dreamhost’s supplied nameservers & IP addresses, I just get the message:
“Unable to redelegate domain.”

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone transferred a domain to Dreamhost from Yahoo Geocities’ paid services? I’ve e-mailed Melbourneit.com’s tech support but have yet to hear back from them.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Hackwith

It sounds like to me that Melbourne IT blocks you from changing your NS which is NOT a good thing…

You have a few options, hopefully they will let you do this, otherwise consider transfer your domain to another domain provider, a few good ones (other than DH) have been recently discussed on this board…

I set Dreamhost up to transfer the registry of my domain to Dreamhost when I signed up… the transfer just says its pending so far, says it will take about a week.

Once Dreamhost is the registrar for my domain, they should have the nameservers set up right, is that correct?

Thanks,
Jason

Yes, you will once again have full control over your domain :wink:

About how long does domain name transfering usually take? I’m still trying to get this idiot registrar to let me change my nameservers on my domain so that they point to Dreamhost.

I know this is a old post, but did anyone figure out what to do about changing the DNS on melbourneit.com?

I am having the same problem. The support people are not responding at melbourneIT. I have tried putting in ns1.dreamhost.com and ns2.dreamhost.com with/without the IP addresses but it still wont accept it. It keeps saying Error: Unable to redelegate