Did Wordpress upgrade?

wordpress

I did the Wordpress upgade to 2.05 and under “Goodies” it says that 2.05 is installed, but at the bottom of my Wordpress Dashboard it says 2.04 still.

Did it actually upgrade? How can I check?

Mine says 2.0.5. So I guess it’s one of three things:

1. Your page is cached in your browser
  2. Whatever theme you’re using may have hardcoded, or incorrectly coded the version
  3. The update didn’t really happen. At least where you think it should have happened. Is there a whatever.old directory floating around now in parallel with your working WordPress installation?

-Scott

Also view the source of your pages and see what version is listed near the top, something like this:

< meta name=“generator” content=“WordPress 2.0.5” / > < !-- leave this for stats – >

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Good ideas. I checked the page source and it says 2.04 still.

What’s really weird is that the backup program DID create an “old” folder parallel with my working Wordpress directory.

Looks like it is still 2.04 thought. Weird.

I don’t even really care for the one-click upgrade, though I do use the one-click installs. I actually prefer to do the upgrades manually–but you could try the upgrade again and see if it works.

Check out these detailed instructions and see if you feel comfortable doing it manually. Pay extra attention to what you shouldn’t delete.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.