DH Stats Unavailable After WP Upgrade

I used one click to upgrade WordPress and now Analog’s stats are resulting in a 404. I’m pretty new at this and haven’t a clue on where to look to fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Create (or modify ) an .htaccess file in your domain folder. The file should look like this:

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.*)$ [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$ RewriteRule ^.*$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] # END WordPress

-Scott

Thanks, Scott. I’ve pasted it in my file. I appreciate your detailed help.

Only 3 of those lines are new to the .htaccess file… but for some reason, when I insert them, all I get is Internal Server Errors when I try to access my site. Any ideas on that? My original .htaccess file is just the one WP itself creates…

How did you edit the file? My first idea is that you edited it on a PC and the carriage returns are incompatible. I use ‘vi’ on the command line, but ‘pico’ works as well.

-Scott

I used Taco HTML Edit on the Mac, so carriage returns shouldn’t be a problem…

Muchas gracias. I’m still perplexed why one of my WordPress sites had an .htaccess file and the other didn’t - maybe I’d uploaded one back in the day and forgot about it - but this works just fine to pick up Analog.