DH seems wonderful, but

Wow, my cousin showed me the Dreamhost site, and I really want to sign up!
Everything seems to good to be true!

But there is one problem, I already have a domain, registrated by my current host (that’s disapointingly bad if compared to dreamhost).
My domain name is a .biz domain, wich is not supported by DH, i just found out…

This would not be a problem if i had not already have a ton of bussinesscards made, and if there weren’t people waiting for this site to be launched…

So what i was wondering about is, is it possible to make an exeption, and have a .biz domain, hosted by Dreamhost?

Please answer, thanks…

Sin

If DH won’t register a .biz, you can still host it here. Just switch registrars (Godaddy, Namecheap, etc…), add your domain through the control panel, and point your nameservers to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com and ns3.dreamhost.com.

All plans have unlimited domains, so you can still host your .biz here and get a new free one.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

[quote]If DH won’t register a .biz, you can still host it here. Just switch registrars (Godaddy, Namecheap, etc…), add your domain through the control panel, and point your nameservers to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com and ns3.dreamhost.com.

All plans have unlimited domains, so you can still host your .biz here and get a new free one.[/quote]
just to add up another question… though silly… but just to know… Whether u r allowed to host the Domain which u register through DH in any other place…??

and if u register the domain in 6th month of a 1 year hosting period… what happens then as u still going to have 6 month after ur Hosting package expaires?? (in case u r not willing to continu :stuck_out_tongue: )…

thnx…

Thinking => BrainPain

Registration and hosting are complete separate.

You can host a domain here, no matter where you register it. If you wish to move the domain to another host, you can change the nameservers on the domain that’s registered here, or you can transfer the domain to another registrar.

If you were to switch the registration away from DH you wouldn’t get a refund on the registration fee. I wouldn’t call that a loss though, since registrars generally add a year to what you have left when you do a transfer.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

Just set an A record to DH ip, it will works too!

:wink: [color=#CC0000]Here[/color] are my Hosting Plan Comparision and $97 off DreamHost Promo Code