DH Email Server Blocked

I just sent an email to a private list of addresses, and I had several bounce back as “Refused” because the DH mail server (smarty.dreamhost.com) is blocked - “Refused - see
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml? (in reply to RCPT TO command)”

Does anyone else have this issue, and can it be resolved?

It happens periodically, and DH always tries to address it, but results with that varies greatly. An email provider can “block” anyone they want, and some are notorious for for doing so for little, or no, valid reason (a*l, comcrap, etc.).

Was there any consistency in the domains of the addresses of the emails that were blocked?

I’m on twinkie, and Bellsouth has been blocking my email for over a week. My responses to Bellsouth have had no effect, other than the typical “We’re sorry” BS, and my problem reports to DH have had the same result.

The block messages tell me to respond to “”. Does anyone know what that means?

Yeah…that really sucks! Unfortunately, it seems that lately that’s the way most of these issues are going.

If you track the whole history of this issue at DreamHost, I’m pretty sure you will understand that DreamHost has really gone the 'extra mile" to deal with these issue but, at the end of the day, the ISP can “block” whatever it decides to block and, at some point, there is really not much more that DreamHost can do to change that.

What makes it even worse is that, in many locales in the US, there just are not enough differentviable broadband providers for a consumer to “vote with their pocketbook” to punish and ISP for this type of restrictive handling of their own customers’ email. :frowning:

Thanks for confirming that it’s not just me. Now that you mention it, yes, the blocks were from a select list of domains.

I’ll contact DH and see if they can help…not that they can control other providers, but it can’t hurt :slight_smile: