DH as a registrar

I’m not sure if any of you have had any dealings with the registrar RegisterFly.com, but they are currently going through a HUGE meltdown, and many registrants are bailing.

I have 22 domains that I would like to ultimately transfer from RegisterFly.com to DreamHost.com because I firmly believe that DH will provide excellent service. I’ve had EXCELLENT hosting with them for over a year.

That said, can anyone give some objective feedback about DH as a registrar?

Thanks!!!

-Jim Barr
JimsTips.com

I would move them post haste. To anywhere :slight_smile: . Yesterday.

DreamHost will look after your domains okay. Even if you cancel your account for hosting you can still access the panel and control/renew/transfer your domains.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

[quote]That said, can anyone give some objective feedback about DH as a registrar?

[/quote]

The included/free whois privacy service is a nice touch. $9.95 per year is a touch high.

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

I have quite a few domains with DreamHost now and have not experienced any problems.

Transferring domains into or out of DreamHost has been relatively trouble-free, with the only delays caused by the registrar on the other end of the transfer.

One thing worth mentioning is that you will only be able to transfer .com, .net, .org and .info TLDs to DreamHost. You can host other TLDs here, but you will be unable to use DreamHost as the registrar for them.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Also, IDN domains cannot be registered through DreamHost but can be hosted, even if are in .com, .net, .org and .info TLDs.

FWIW, lately I’ve noticed whois responses are very slow or timeout from command line, or give “[color=#CC0000]Internal Error: Please try again![/color]” from whois.dreamhost.com. I don’t know if that reflects on dreamhost directly, or if they are reselling from somebody.

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]