DesktopServer Errors Exporting Local Site to Live DreamHost VPS

design
wordpress

Hello all,

TL;DR: I can’t use DesktopServer’s direct deploy feature to migrate my local dev WordPress site to DreamHost’s server. Is DreamHost support familiar with any these DesktopServer deployment errors? Does DreamHost have any best practices for using DesktopServer’s direct deployment to make it work?

I’m developing WordPress websites using a server stack application called DesktopServer which allows users to directly deploy or migrate local development sites to a live host server with ease. Apparently DreamHost does support the use of DesktopServer and it’s direct deploy migrations https://www.dreamhost.com/wordpress/guide-to-local-wp-install/.

DesktopServer uses a PHP feature called File System Direct to write files to the server. I have been able to use direct deployment once before on another web host, but not with DreamHost. I’m encountering these errors when using DesktopServer’s direct deployment feature to both VPS and Shared hosting:

“Unexpected Response while moving files.” (Occurs at each of the seven steps of database migration)
“Unexpected response processing database:”
“Unexpected response while processing database files.”
“Unexpected response while processing database files.”
“Unable to delete ds-deploy server.”
“An exception class of NilObjectException was not handled. The application must be shut down.” (This message is followed by the application crashing.)

I’ve contacted DesktopServer’s support team about this with no answers forthcoming yet.

Is DreamHost support familiar with any these DesktopServer deployment errors? Does DreamHost have any best practices for using DesktopServer’s direct deployment to make it work?

Additional info:

Using DesktopServer Command Line Interface: I’ve attempted a direct deployment via the DesktopServer Command Line Interfacutility but didn’t have any luck there either. After several attempts with double checking all the credentials on https://serverpress.com/ds-deploy-form/ the command line the page generated did not execute and only returned the following: ds-deploy: command not found.

The archive I’m attempting to migrate is fairly large at 500MB. I have no issues on either site with permalinks.

I’d also like to add that I’m not running any antivirus or firewall on my local development environment. Nor am I running any extra server security configs, HTTPS or SFTP.

I’ve upgraded my Desktop Server installation to the latest version and attempted another direct deployment. The result was the same errors triggering without any transfer taking place.

I also purchased a shared hosting plan from DreamHost to see whether it was the VPS server configuration that was hindering the direct deployment. The deployment was disrupted again but returned this error: Error 502 - Connection did not complete due to HTTP error #404

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.