Deprecation notice after installing WP 3.0

I’m getting this msg since Dream Host updated WP:

“Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home/anjanetteopal/raisingthebarrs.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3237”

I’m new to this, but it seems that I should be able to get into functions.php and change register_sidebar_widget to wp_register_sidebar_widget and voila, only I can’t find register_sidebar_widget anywhere in wp-includes/functions.php

Am I missing something?

My wild guess is that this is triggered by your theme. Try switching themes and see if you still get that message.

Still there with every theme.

My second wild guess is that it’s a plugin issue. Try deactivating some and see. Same goes for Widgets. Google turns up an Askimet issue in addition to people having this issue with incompatible themes.

Thanks, I was able to get the msg to go away by disabling one of my plugins. Am I to understand that lots of plugins just don’t work with various themes? There’s no way around this?[hr]
I’m having trouble with just about every plugin I activate. I decided to try and deactivate them all and re-install the new version of WP and this is what I am getting:

[quote]Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.0.2.zip…

Unpacking the update…

Verifying the unpacked files…

Installing the latest version…

Warning: copy(/home/anjanetteopal/raisingthebarrs.com/wp-includes/comment.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/anjanetteopal/raisingthebarrs.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 200

Warning: copy(/home/anjanetteopal/raisingthebarrs.com/wp-includes/comment.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/anjanetteopal/raisingthebarrs.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 200

Could not copy file.: /home/anjanetteopal/raisingthebarrs.com/wp-includes/comment.php

Installation Failed [/quote]

any ideas?