Deleting subdomain DNS records and logfiles

Hi everybody,

I deleted a subdomain but now the (non-editable) DNS records and logfile directory still exist. How do I delete them?

Cheers,
Erwin

Hi, Erwin. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about the log file directory, but the DNS records should disappear after a little while. Although, on occasion they seem to get ‘stuck’. If they aren’t gone after a day or so, contact support and have them run a manual DNS update for the domain.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Looks like they got stuck because I deleted the subdomain last friday. I’ll wait for a few more days to see if they get deleted automatically… if not, I’ll email support like you said. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Erwin

If the records haven’t vanished yet, I don’t think they are going to, not without some help anyway :wink: . If I were you, I’d lodge that support request now.

It’s a pain when the records get stuck, as it prevents you from adding the same sub-domain back into the system, should you wish to do so.

You might also want to mention the log file directory in your support request, as I don’t believe we mortals can delete them, due to permissions.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)