Deleting some files from site at DreamHost

How do I delete some of my site folders on the DH server? I don’t want to delete all of the folders/files just some.

Hello Paula,

There are a few ways, with these solutions also depending on your computer.

If you have a Mac, you can use the Terminal program and dial in to your Dreamhost account, using your username and password.

If you have a Windows machine, you can use the Command Line tool (“cmd”) and dial in the same way.

Also, you can log into your website using an FTP program. Depending on your computer (Mac or Windows), you can download a program that will help you do this.

The fastest way however, is to just log into your account, navigate to “Domains > Manage Domains” and you should see a listing for your site. Click on the “WebFTP” link and that will open a window where you can access all files in your site as you please.

I would suggest you to read this article (and the ones linked from there) to setup your FTP client:

With the client properly configured, you’ll be able to remove files and directories as you wish. If you have more issues, please add more details here like what client you’re using, which folder you’re trying to remove, what steps you’re taking to start that removal, what do you expect to happen and what happens in reality. Provide screenshots or copy-paste the output of the FTP program, including error messages if any.