Deleting domain name

If I delete my domain name, will I get any money back?

Are you talking about deleting your hosting for a given domain? What money are you asking about?

Depending upon how long you have had your account, and how you paid for it, you may be able to get back any money you paid for your hosting plan.

Any money that you paid, however, for the registration of a domain name is “non-refundable.”

If you explain more about your circumstances, you might can get a better answer. :wink:

–rlparker

Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

The flame. The first rising phoenix was quite a surprise to the kid who overcooked his Jiffy Pop.

What did this have to do with the OP?

-Scott

I was just following up on rlparker’s post and commenting that the OP’s question is more like a riddle than a smart question. (hats off to rlparker for pointing out this excellent guide in another thread)

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I just skimmed it. Looks helpful…and it now appears that there is such a thing as a stupid question. But, holy cow, it’s a lot of verbiage just to say “search before you ask, then be explicit when asking for help.”

-Scott

Ha! Yeah, that’s true! But it is “classic” esr, and it’s partly his style that makes it such a great read, IMHO! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

I’m glad Scott had a definitive answer for that question … I was stumped! :wink:

–rlparker

Well, I want to delete the domain name www.xxxxxx.com off my hosting and add a new one. So I guess its non-refundable?

That is correct, the domain registration fee is not refundable. You could try to sell it. :wink:

–rlparker