Delete FTP, Keep Email

I’ve followed the Wiki (pasted below) but can’t figure out how to delete the FTP account and keep the email address. Anyone have “better” instructions?

Workaround: Create the mail address not through panel Mail… but instead through Users | Manage Users | Add New User where you can choose a friendly login name from those not already taken on the DH system. Though this method creates also an FTP user of the same name, if you don’t want this you can delete it using […/ Delete] - check the box for user type ftp box not the box for user Type mail.

To delete the user, but retain the mailbox…

go to Users -> Manage Users in the panel.
Click the Delete link for the relevant user (in the Action column).
Tick the checkbox for 'Yes, remove user-name from machine-name!'
Make sure the checkbox for ‘Additionally remove all other instances of this user (shown above)’ is unticked.
Click the Remove User button.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thank-you for the precise steps. I’ve updated this section in the Wiki (first Wiki edit ever!).

Tim

Good work guys. At 3am we can’t answer every question but the wiki can!

Wholly

No problem, I am glad I could be of some assistance.

I am ashamed to admit that I have yet to add anything to the wiki, this is mostly because I am afraid I’ll mess something up and break things. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)