We are looking for a dedicated server, to make it as our media server, from where we could serve our media files (heavy flash files, images, videos) on our own websites.
So I had a look at your packages offered for dedicated server and am opting for New Moon 2, and would like your suggestion whether this package would be able sustain our needs as we are planning on to move at Dreamhost.
An estimate usage of our current server on average basis.
Disk Space : 50 GB
Bandwidth : 4 MBps In & Out (Mega Bytes, or 32 Mbps) at peak times.
[Does dreamhost offer such reliable bandwidth, and what is the maxium speed available on any given time of the day. )
Some other questions:
- Would it be seamlessly possible to upgrade from New Moon 2 package to say for example to Blue Moon 8.
- Would it compromise any of your policies to host media server.
- Though it mentions unlimited/un-metered, still is there any cap on amount of bandwidth that could be used by one server.
- Is the bandwidth speed also dedicated, or is it shared.
- What is the maximum speed available on any given time of the day.
- Finally, What backup techniques are there in place in case of server or hard disk failure.
Hopefully, awaiting your reply.