I developed the wordpress site using a domain name about to expire on another host. Once it looked good, I set up an account with Dreamhost and followed the instructions for moving a wordpress site. It was working just fine on innisardenorg.dreamhosters.com so I changed the DNS servers. That appeared to work find (www.innisarden.org) until I realized that if I linked to anything on the site it ended up at innisardenorg.dreamhosters.com . I followed your advice and changed the settings in wordpress. This resulted in a bad format, like it didn’t recognize the theme.
I got into phpmyadmin and modified the database, changing ‘siteurl’ and ‘home’ in the wp_options table. I changed the database name in ‘wp_config’ from 'innisarden_org1" to innisarden_org. Don’t remember what it was before. I imported suffusions options but the results weren’t what I expected.
A lot of the links in posts didn’t work. Magically, a ‘1’ was appended to pictures. So I renamed the JPGs, adding a ‘1’. Slowly I’m putting it back together (labor intensive). I don’t know how it got so screwed up.
I’ve got a blog that I’ve been keeping for 3 years and wanted to move it, but after this experience, I’m quite reluctant.