Database

“Your account currently has no active hosting plans to which MySQL databases can be added.”

I’m setting up a website and i would like to add the programs:

1. ZenCart
  2. Moodle
  3. WebCalendar

“You will need to set up MySQL databases in order to install these, so refer to “Manage MySQL” under “Goodies”.”

What does it mean? It 's my first time to set up. Please help

You need to add a hosting plan to your account.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

What do you mean of a hosting plan? Where I can get a hosting plan and how to set this up? Thank you very much

You can sign up for a hosting plan here. It can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for your account to actually be setup.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Did you signup for an account already?

Here’s a really stupid question. If he does not have a hosting plan, then why does he have access to the control panel?
Silk

My website

I may be wrong but when you first sign up, you have access to the control panel, but you don’t necessarily have your domain listed as being hosted by that account.

I would think the first step would be to add the domain, and because he may not have done that its telling him that he hasn’t got a hosted domain to add the database to.

Once he adds the domain, he’ll be able to add the database.

I may be wrong though…

$50 Discount 1LUCID50 Sign up now

That’s the gyst I was getting when reading his post.

I think he has an account, just needs to setup a domain in order to add a database.

Sorry for making a “stupid question”. It is my first time on how to set up a website.

Thanks, I already signed up for an account.

By the way, I have another question.
I would like to install 3 softwares

1. ZenCart
  2. Moodle
  3. WebCalendar

Should I create a folder for each software? Like for Zencart

Should I create a folder after my domain.

Example http://www.website.com/zencart.

There is no such thing as a stupid question :wink:

I would. It’s good housekeeping to keep things organised in a hierarchy that’s easy to understand.

Don’t appologize. You didn’t do anything wrong. I just should have known the answer and perhaps I used the wrong phrase.
Good luck,
Silk

My website

you should create a new folder, although its easiest to do it through the one click installs and specify a new folder for each

You could also have a new subdomain for each one:

zencart.yourdomain.com or cart.yourdomain.com

I know some people prefer that look, but its personal choice really. Subdomains are a little bit more work I suppose in that you have to set them up first (although its not much work).

$50 Discount 1LUCID50 Sign up now

One time that it might be better to not use sub-domains would be if you have several things that require SSL… otherwise you’ll end up needing more than one cert, or paying extra for a wildcard cert.

Not a problem if you don’t need SSL for anything but a cart, then it doesn’t really matter which way you do it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH