Database thing

So If I have a database that is set as the initial one for my domain, www.bla.com and I add another database w/ say zencart, Could I later change the zencart one to be the one the browser points to as main? Or do i need to wipe out the one I have now and put zencart in a new database?
lol im so confused how it works I cant explain it! But i tried. Thanks yall for any thoughts

There are two parts: The website, and its corresponding database. The database location isn’t your problem here - it’s the website itself.

If you One-Click (Advanced) install Wordpress to www.example.com, then later want One-Click (Advanced) Zencart to be www.example.com, you’re in for a challenge. You can move a One-Click to be a subdomain, but it’ll drop out of the One-Click system, thus leaving you to do your own updates and such.

Through a bunch of hoops, you can trick the system, but it involves a new One-Click to the desired location, then subbing in the old one and its database to that new location.

Naturally, it’s best to get it right the first time. But there are ways to change your mind without losing all of your work.

-Scott

Right on Scott!
Thanks for the info. So as I thought its best to scratch it and start new the way I want it from now on.
So now the best way to do this is to delete all my databases and wait for the recycle bin to clear in 4 or 5 days? Right?
lol my wife cant make up her mind. I love it though :slight_smile:

Things usually clear up in 24 hours, so you shouldn’t have to wait very long.

-Scott

We’re sorry, but you just have to wait the five days!

However, to destroy all the data in your database, you can always connect to it directly (with PhpMyAdmin, from the command line, via a script, etc…) and drop all the tables.

If you want to re-use the name of a database that’s in the recycle bin, just restore it, drop the tables, and go!

So what kind of script do I use to “drop” all the tables??
I tried to "delete all the files but I was denied.
hmmmmmmmm :slight_smile:

Use phpMyAdmin and get a listing of all of your tables (don’t go in and browse). Checkbox them all (I think there’s a Select All link). And use the dropdown at the bottom to Drop All Tables. Something like that.

-Scott

total fail on that:( nope no seeums
https://webftp.dreamhost.com/

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Goodies > MySQL Databases[/color]

Click [color=#0000CC]phpMyAdmin[/color] under Web Administration.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost