Database question

Hi,

I am developing a site in joomla on DH. I want to install the gallery2 one-click-install app. My question is whether I should put gallery in it’s own database, or use the same one as joomla. Are there any guidlines on this sort of thing?

TIA…

I haven’t actually installed Gallery into a Joomla! site, but I’m pretty sure your best bet would be to install it into a separate database on the same server.

Make sure to read the instructions for the Gallery2 / Joomla! integration bridge.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I also think so on making different databases for different sites. But if anyone wants same users on different sites what to do? I mean can a single database(user) be used with different sites (joomla,gallery,etc etc)? And will it make over pressure to server?

Get [color=#CC0000]3 unique IP for life @ FUN3 or 6 domain for life @ FUN6 or $90 off @ FUN9[/color] promo code.sign up!

I think the integration bridge takes care of user management integration.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options