Database Hostname

I have just created my account here I’m wanting to transfer my existing site to this host. My last host was extremely unreliable. I would like to get the site up and running and test it thorougly before I change my domain name. Atm I’m using one of the free domains from dreamhost but I have a domain I want to use.

My question is, when I went to create my database it asked for a hostname, but it had .(wsstudios.dreamhost.com). So, when I get my site up and running and I transfer my domain to this host will I still be able to use those databases?

Thanks,
-Taylor(Rev)

wsstudios.dreamhost.com is the valid domain name in DH system. Therefor you can create hostname like mysq.wsstudios.dreamhost.com for your mysql server.

After you transfer your site to DH, you will see your domain name in the drop down menu. You can then create hostname like mysql.yourdomain.com for your mysql server.

And of course, you can use those databases. You can also create unlimited database as DH promises.

I think you may need this article when you transfer your site to DH.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Transfer_your_site_to_us

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

dreamhosters is the name of the free domains here, not “dreamhost” without the -ers.

-Scott