Darwin Server password?

I am attempting to connect to the Darwin Streaming Server using Nicecast from my Mac and am running into an issue. I have the following settings:

Server Type: Icecast 1
Port: 8001
Mount Point: /
Public URL: Automatic

When I attempt to start my Nicecast Broadcast it errors with invalid password. I have attempted to leave the password blank, use my web password, admin for site password, etc. Nothing. Any suggestions on what magic word I need to make this work?

I don’t think that feature is available here. It’s purely for streaming pre-made content on the server; not for providing a live stream broadcast.

Scott is correct about live streaming. From the wiki:

"What is your persistent (background) process policy?

We define persistent/background processes as any unix user’s command running non-interactively. That is, it runs while you aren’t actively sitting there interacting with it through a shell window.

Firstly, we reserve the right to kill any user process on a shared server without warning or prior notification at our discretion. This doesn’t apply on a private server, we don’t restrict your processes there, only your memory limit you set does.

We don’t just do this capriciously though! We do this if the process is in any way adversely affecting the smooth functioning of your shared server. Of course if you have a dedicated server you can run whatever (LEGAL) processes you’d like, you should just be prepared for the consequences they may have on your machine.

• IRC-related persistent processes of any kind (including, but not limited to, bots, bouncers, etc.) are STRICTLY PROHIBITED, and are in violation of our TOS.
  • BitTorrent-related processes are not allowed.
  • Streaming Audio or Video servers of any kind are not allowed on shared hosting servers.
  • Voice chat or VoIP servers like Asterisk, Ventrilo and TeamSpeak are not permitted.
  • Game servers (CounterStrike, WoW, BF2, etc…)
  • Running programs via cron is allowed provided you don’t use excessive system resources.

(note the third item above)

–DreamHost Tech Support