Customization for drupal

Hi, I just registered a new account at dreamhost and really liking the features.

I am a bit drupal fan, so wanna know how can I make this possible

1. Drupal got a powerful multi-site features, which requires domains to be pointing to same directory location, rest drupal handles what content it has to display according to the domain name.

2. But there is a drawback that I can’t have a specific directory for each domain, as they both are pointing to same location. However this can be solved by creating symlinks.
    So is it possible to create symlinks, if yes then how?

3. I have noticed that each user gets his own directory.

But I would like a root directory, which is not visible to the world and contains drupal core.
And in the subdirectory like
drupal/site1 -root for site1
drupal/site2 -root for site2

and symlinks to point files and directory from site1 and site2 to ‘drupal’

each directory site1, site2 has its own ftp user( just wanna know if this possible, different users having restricted access to a particular subdirectory?)

Check out Remap Sub-Dir in Panel.

Create symbolic links via SSH using the format ln -s [color=#00CC00]target[/color] [color=#0000CC]link_name[/color]

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I don’t run multi-site, so I have to ask. Are there any files unique to site1 and site2? Or are they purely symlinks to siteroot?

-Scott

I’ve been looking at a few multi-site apps recently for a community project and will be interested to see how himtuna is implementing the backend. Ran a few test sites with WP-MU and it appeared to function okay to me, but there’s been quite alot of discussion of how ratty it can get quickly from people who know wayyy more about WP than I do (which is practically nothing).

Perhaps Drupal is worth a look?

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost