Customer wants to move hosting but not email

I have a customer who is a car dealership. The car manufacturer is offering to make them a website but only asked to have the a record changed to the new server, It would seem that the Dreamhost panel doesn’t allow editing of the main www a record which is what I need to change, is there a way to do this so that we can maitain email hosting with us but have the website hosted elsewhere?

granville
Kirkhamsystems.com

this is a tagline you can’t steal

Do you mean to host the domain in other servers?

You can do this by modifying the dns via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> DNS. You may want to refer to this article http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Domains/Transfers/_Transfer_Hosting It is the same logic to host in other servesr.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] Save [color=#CC0000]$82[/color] get lifetime domain with [color=#CC0000]82CRAZY[/color] Sign Up NOW

I think this is a job for dreamhost support. They should be able to edit the entry manually.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSMANFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LENSMAN97[/color] for $97 off. Click Here

You can change the main A-Record (and www A-Record), but not while the domain is configured as ‘Fully Hosted’. You can disable the hosting for the domain by going to Domains -> Manage Domains then clicking the small [X] under the Web Hosting column for the relevant domain.

Once the changes have made their way through the system, you can add the required A-Records via the [DNS] link.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)