Customer service

Here is an idea HAVE PHONE SUPPORT WITHOUT CHARGING TEN DOLLARS A CALL. Jesus Christ, if I had known how poor of service you have I never would have signed up. This is absolutely ridiculous. I spent over 30 minutes in “chat” with a complete idiot that could not understand what I was talking about. I am a slow typist but it took him ten minutes to type 3 sentences, and that was after a 20 minute wait while he was “looking at my problem”, and a 15 minute wait to even get him on the line before that. I am really really pissed off right now. The site is running very sluggish with time outs, long page loading time, and I have no traffic yet. I’m lucky if I have had 10 visitors to my site and its bogged down? The biggest problem is none of my blog members are receiving their membership activation email. I am trying to do a BIG public launch of my site and you people have screwed me in the ass. I have had plenty of web sites over the years and several hosts, but I have never had any host leave it up to me to figure out the problem.

Robert Hudson

How do you have the “from” address configured? The email must be From a valid email address on your domain. It can be a forward only, but beware forwarding to a non-dreamhost domain may mean mid flagged mail, if it’s a forward only stick with an address/mailbox on your account.

Many plugins by default are set to use the submited email address as the from address, that won’t work. For example, your not @gmail.com therefore your dreamhost account can’t send email is if it were gmail.

Have you checked your server error logs to see if there is anything unusual there?