Custom WP-Theme

Hello.
How can I change the supported themes into a custom theme? I know, that with the 1-click installation only provided themes can be used. So how can install my custom theme?
Thanks for your help!

[quote]Hello.
How can I change the supported themes into a custom theme? I know, that with the 1-click installation only provided themes can be used. So how can install my custom theme?
Thanks for your help![/quote]
You didn’t tell us if you are trying out the DreamHostApps beta or not. Regardless, first you must have a paid hosting account. You see, with a paid hosting account you get disk space set aside for your web sites. Web applications that you want to customize have to be installed into this disk space. Once they are installed there (ie ‘one-click advanced mode’ or manually) then you can simply use FTP/SFTP to upload themes or plugins etc to this disk space.

With a paid hosting account, you can have a “fully-hosted” domain or subdomain. Also you will have at least one “user”. Each user gets their own disk space called a “home directory”. When setting up the fully-hosted site, you choose which user gets to manage the files for the site. The files for the site then must be uploaded or installed to the “home directory” for that user.

:cool: openvein.org -//-

Hello

Thanks for your answer. To answer your questions:

• I have a hosted domain. Don’t know what you mean with fully, but I’ve gt an hosting annual plan. Domain registration is done by another company, name server have been transferred, that should be ok.
  • Yes, I have one user

Sorry, but I am a very beginner and haven’t done a website before. I tried the wiki, but this is just overwhelming information to me. If there is somewhere a step-by-step manual how I can run my own website resp. Wordpress blog with customized theme ( I have a CSS-Template which I would like to use), that would definitely help.

I opened a mysql database with a subdomain (blog.baldinho.com) and I know the FTP where I can upload files. However, I have no clou what I have to do… :frowning:

There are two ways to install WordPress: Installing it to a Fully Hosted domain, which means the files go in your FTP directory (Advanced Mode); and Easy Mode where it’s hosted on another server and you can’t modify the core installation.

Since you have one user, FTP to your domain as that user and look for the folder named YOURDOMAIN.com. In it, you should see all the wordpress files and directories, including WP-Themes. That’s where theme files go.

-Scott

Hello.

Don’t know if I’ve done everything right. However, I get an error page when I try to open my blogsite.

What I’ve done so far:

Opened a mysql.hostname, a database, a user and uploaded all files to my domain baldinho.com. I set the wp-config.php-file with the access informations. When trying to log in on /wp-admin/install.php I’ll get following error. In a german wordpress userforum somone mentioned that could be, because the webspace doesn’t support PHP or the site doesn’t send it to the PHP-Interpreter…??

Thanks for your support.

WordPress
’.__(‘Already Installed’).’

‘.__(‘You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first.’).’
’);} switch($step) { case 0: case 1: // in case people are directly linking to this display_header(); ?>

ReadMe documentation at your leisure. Otherwise, just fill in the information below and you’ll be on your way to using the most extendable and powerful personal publishing platform in the world.’), ‘…/readme.html’); ?>

error) ) wp_die($wpdb->error->get_error_message()); display_header(); // Fill in the data we gathered $weblog_title = isset($_POST[‘weblog_title’]) ? stripslashes($_POST[‘weblog_title’]) : ‘’; $admin_email = isset($_POST[‘admin_email’]) ? stripslashes($_POST[‘admin_email’]) : ‘’; $public = isset($_POST[‘blog_public’]) ? (int) $_POST[‘blog_public’] : 0; // check e-mail address if (empty($admin_email)) { // TODO: poka-yoke die(’

‘.__(“ERROR: you must provide an e-mail address.”).’
’); } else if (!is_email($admin_email)) { // TODO: poka-yoke die(’

‘.__(‘ERROR: that isn’t a valid e-mail address. E-mail addresses look like: username@example.com’).’
’); } $wpdb->show_errors(); $result = wp_install($weblog_title, ‘admin’, $admin_email, $public); extract($result, EXTR_SKIP); ?>

admin

‘.__(‘Note that password carefully! It is a random password that was generated just for you.’).’’; ?>