Custom web mail

Will the web mail be customizable? I like the layout and everything at the moment - and it works great, but will it be possible to add our own corporate logo to the page somewhere?

Wiliam Stephens <wil@stephens.org>

That probably wouldn’t be too hard, but it’s geared more toward our own customers than to users of our customers’ web sites - at least, at the moment.

I’m not sure how hard it would be to set up for customization, but it’s worth looking into…

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Yes actually. I guess if we’re just able to upload our custom logo instead of the clipboard that is currently used (and a footer maybe), that’ll be enough.

I assume it’s all template-based? Please say yes! :slight_smile:

I have no clue. I suspect it’s not at all using our in-house template system, though, as it’s based on a 3rd party script. I can definitely see a use for templates, though - so I’ll make sure to mention it. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Thanks, Jeff!

Hi

Just checked the site, it is template based. Phewks :slight_smile: There are a few default templates that come with it (under options).

One more question; why is the version on the server 1.0.6
when the latst release is 1.2.2 with (i quote) “With thanks to lots of developers, much bugs have been fixed, including better support for international users and php 4.1”. Hm, what bugs are there in the current ssytem? Is it safe? :-\

[quote]Just checked the site, it is template based

[/quote]

Yup. if all you designers come up with a great dh (or non-dh for that matter) based theme, i’m sure we can work it into our webmail system.

[quote]One more question; why is the version on the server 1.0.6 when the
latst release is 1.2.2

[/quote]

well to be honest, it’s because we (in this case, mostly the royal ‘we’) had no luck whatsoever getting the beta version to work, and the stable version worked perfectly with no problems.

since we’ve now made custom changes to it, we’re probably going to stick with this version for as long as possible, and we’ll almost certainly wait for the next stable release.

I thought as much. Makes sense. It’s working perfectly for me, so I can’t complain!