Custom php.ini for ZenPhoto problems

I am trying to change the php file upload limit on my ZenPhoto installation. I followed the instructions at http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP.ini to create my own custom php.ini.

Steps taken:

• changed my site to run PHP 5.3 FastCGI
  • created .php/5.3 with the phprc file, per instructions above with the one line

Options +ExecCGI AddHandler php5-cgi .php Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.fcgi #Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.fcgi

The last line is commented out because if I remove the comment, I get the following MySQL error:

[quote]Zenphoto encountered an error
MySQL Error: The PHP MySQL extensions have not been installed correctly. Please ask your administrator to add MySQL support to your PHP installation[/quote]

What am I missing?

Creating the cgi-bin directory and .htaccess is not necessary for PHP 5.3. Remove the cgi-bin and .htaccess you created, and you should be good.

.htaccess was created by ZenPhoto. And isn’t the .htaccess lines necessary to ensure that it reads my custom upload_max_filesize settings? Is there another way to increase my upload_max_filesize settings? I’m open to suggestions.[hr]
Never mind. I figured out what I did wrong. I had the .php in the incorrect directory.