Custom ftp name

Hi all,

Never had aproblem with dreamhost, never had a need to submit a ticket since everything has worked great. :slight_smile:

What I want to do is have another domain (already have the domain hooked up to /domain.com/ and what I want to do is set up another custom FTP username and password for a friend, I also want to use ftp.domain.com not fresca.dreamhost.com .

Cheers,
Josh

you can set up ftp user and password in DH panel --> Users --> Manage Users

After you create a user, you can go to DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Web Hosting --> Edit to give the right to a user to access the site.

If you encounter problem to add ftp uesr in IE, try to add ftp user in firefox.

Each plan has a free domain name. You can add domain in DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Add New Domain/Sub-Domain

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Ok got that part sorted. Now I have setup the domain name with their own user & pass, but I want them to connect instead of fresca.dreamhost.com , to ftp.domain.com .
How would I do this, cheers for your help so far.

The good news is that you don’t have to do anything. :slight_smile:

All domains added to the DreamHost hosting system will have a default β€˜ftp’ A-Record added, so you can connect to ftp.domain.com (or just domain.com).

Mark

–
Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)