Custom Control Panel?

I would like to resell using the Code Warrior plan and provide the Control Panel to the customers. Is it possible to present a generic or custom control panel that does not promote DreamHost?

Is it possible to run some of the Control Panel feature manually from a shell? For example adding a user or updating an alias?

Any comments?

We do have some ability to provide custom web panels, but I don’t think there’s any way we could offer this type of service on a standard shared hosting plan.

We could potentially offer a service like this (most likely for an additional fee) for a Dreamserver.

Note that this isn’t an “official” answer - if you have specific sales questions like this, you’re better off writing sales at dreamhost dot com (or submitting a sales inquiry via the web form).

[quote]Note that this isn’t an “official” answer - if you have
specific sales questions like this, you’re better off
writing sales at dreamhost dot com (or submitting a sales
inquiry via the web form).

[/quote]

Offical Sales Response:

:>

We’re currently not offering re-branding, either for our shared hosting or dedicated hosting customers. We’ve done work on it on a pilot basis, but for the moment it’s not perfected enough to where we would feel comfortable offering it to a potential customer.

Of course, we do have plans to offer a comprehensive reseller package in the future, but have no deadline as of yet (and I wouldn’t suggest making purchasing decisions based on it, as it could be some ways off).

If you have any more questions, though, please do contact us at Sales. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin