CrossFTP Setup and Error

dreamobjects

definitely need to add setup info for the connection apps.

got it figured out for CrossFTP

Press the Connect Button and choose the Connection Manager.

Create a new connection. Change the connection type to S3 in the drop-down box at the top.

Host: objects.dreamhost.com
Port: 80
Username: (key)
Password: (secret key)

To get your Key/Secret Key, you need to go to DreamObjects in your DreamHost web panel. Under your User ID, you’ll see a mark for keys. Copy the key for your Username. Click where it says Show Secret Key to get the Password. Copy and paste that.

Save and connect.

now for the bug… after 2 tries, i did manage to get a connect and it read my bucket i created in the control panel, and is now working. but when connecting, i keep getting this:

[color=#FF69B4][R1] Connect to DreamHost[/color]
[color=#1E90FF][R1] Current path: /
[R1] Current path: /[/color]
[R1] LIST Streaming Distributions
[color=#FF69B4][R1] Encrypting session using cipher SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5[/color]
[color=#FF0000][R1] CloudFront Error: Request failed with CloudFront Service error (CloudFrontServiceException: httpResponseCode=403, errorType=Sender, errorCode=InvalidClientTokenId, errorMessage=The security token included in the request is invalid, errorDetail=null, errorRequestId=46aa228f-0bd9-11e2-99ea-e742e4edca54 )[/color]
[R1] LIST Download Distributions
[color=#FF0000][R1] CloudFront Error: Request failed with CloudFront Service error (CloudFrontServiceException: httpResponseCode=403, errorType=Sender, errorCode=InvalidClientTokenId, errorMessage=The security token included in the request is invalid, errorDetail=null, errorRequestId=46b0b24d-0bd9-11e2-9098-e1e143da07b5 )[/color]
[R1] LIST /
[color=#1E90FF][R1] Succeeded[/color]

and from there, it worked normally. no clue what that all means. i am not ‘the tech-savvy user who is using this thing’ :X !!

more red text in my Thread 1 panel:

[L] GET Object details: /prints/jewelry
[L] LIST Buckets (cached)
[L] LIST Buckets
[color=#32CD32][L] Succeeded[/color]
[color=#FF0000][L] S3 Error: 404 (Not Found) error: Request Error.; XML Error Message: null[/color]
[L] GET Object details: /prints/jewelry/
[L] LIST Buckets (cached)
[color=#FF0000][L] S3 Error: 404 (Not Found) error: Request Error.; XML Error Message: null[/color]
[L] Current path: /prints/
[L] MKDIR /prints/jewelry

…i’m guessing this is just it checking to see if a directory exists? and if not (404 error), it makes it. but then again… clueless newbie, here.

it’s a beta. i’m reportin’.

Thanks for reporting! It looks to me like CrossFTP is still trying to connect to Amazon, specifically their CloudFront service. Not sure about the second error but I’ll make sure we have it documented.

Second error looks to me as though CrossFTP is still formulating everything in terms of FTP commands on the inside, then translating that to S3 commands later on. This seems like a kind of weird way for it to go about things, but whatever — it’s harmless. You can safely ignore the errors.

thanks, guys!

more flakiness from CrossFTP… this on a different machine. i keep having to attempt connecting multiple times to get it to work. same big red errors as above, but then this comes up:

[R1] LIST /
[color=#FF0000][R1] Request Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect[/color]

according to the little title bar, it seem to be connected, but then it pops up and tells me i have no buckets. third time i reconnected, it found my bucket.

if it’s CrossFTP’s mess, then… that’s their problem. just reportin’.