Cron Problem

Hello,
I have a website hosted in DreamHost which seems to be encountering a problem with a Cron job associated with it. The site is run with the Plone CMS and the server often needs to be restarted to help with stability.
Every 24 hours the Cron is supposed to execute and send an email to some technical managers to verify the zope server restart. The cron job commands are:
"/home/USER/Plone-3.2.2/zeocluster/bin/shutdowncluster.sh ; /home/USER/Plone-3.2.2/zeocluster/bin/startcluster.sh ; /home/USER/Plone-3.2.2/zeocluster/bin/client2 stop"

This restarts the zope cluster and stops the second client, leaving the first client with the website running.
Unfortunately, the site sends the email with the following error:
“setlock: fatal: unable to lock /tmp/cronlock.2248061.49608: temporary failure”

The proper response should be “zeoserver: . daemon process stopped
client1: . daemon process stopped
client2: daemon manager not running
zeoserver: . daemon process started, pid=14812
client1: . daemon process started, pid=14828
client2: . daemon process started, pid=14837
. daemon process stopped”

Ok, thats all the info I can think of and I hope its easy to solve

[quote]Unfortunately, the site sends the email with the following error:
“setlock: fatal: unable to lock /tmp/cronlock.2248061.49608: temporary failure”[/quote]
I think you’ve setup the cron job using the DreamHost Web Panel with “Locking” checked. Try unchecking “Locking” and see if it works for you. If for some reason you really need locking, maybe you should manually set that up with the lock file in your home directory somewhere.

Though you might want to contact support since the idea is to prevent running more than one instance of the job.

:cool: openvein.org -//-

I agree, turn the locking off and that should correct the problem.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

Ok, thanks very much. I will try