I opened a course in moodle two days ago. It apparently is running a cron job (I didn't set it up, so I assume it's something Moodle is doing automatically).
The cron command is:
wget -q - 0 /dev/null http://millermc.net/moodle/admin/cron.php
The problem is that it is generating a cron.php file everytime it runs. The little buggers are breeding like bunnies.
What do I have to do to get rid of them before they take over my drive space?
Excuse the length, but here's the text of one of the files:
Server Time: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:00:08 -0700
Starting activity modules
Processing module function assignment_cron ...done.
Processing module function chat_cron ...done.
Processing module function forum_cron ...Starting digest processing...
Cleaned old digest records
Sending forum digests: Tuesday, 13 May 2008, 08:00 PM
Processing module function journal_cron ...done.
Processing module function scorm_cron ...Updating scorm packages which require daily update
Processing module function wiki_cron ...done.
Processing module function workshop_cron ...done.
Processing module function questionnaire_cron ...done.
Finished activity modules
Processing cron function for rss_client....
0 feeds refreshed (took 0.184344 seconds)
Processing cron function for search....Sorry, cannot cron global search as it requires PHP 5.0.0 or later (currently using version 4.4.8)
Starting admin reports
Finished admin reports
Updating languages cache
Removing expired enrolments ...none found
Starting main gradebook job ...
Running clean-up tasks...
Deleted old cache_text records
checking for create_password
Executed tag cron
Cleaned up contexts
Cleaned cache flags
Built context paths
Finished clean-up tasks...
Running backups if required...
Checking backup status...INACTIVE
Backup tasks finished.
Running auth crons if required...
Cron script completed correctly
Execution took 22.590096 seconds
all of the cron.php files are the same.