Creating user without email address

How does one do this, please? Mysitfyingly Add User demands I “Seelct Email Address”. Thanks.

You don’t have to select a mailbox in the user-creation process. Just leave the list of mail addresses unselected, and the panel will create the user.

Once a user is created, it automatically gets a new mailbox assigned with the same name as the user name. You can’t prevent this, but once the user is created you can remove that new mailbox by going to the Mail:Mailboxes tab and deleting it.

TorbenGB

Thanks.

[quote]You can’t prevent this, but once the user is created you
can remove that new mailbox by going to the Mail:Mailboxes
tab and deleting it.

[/quote]

Ugh. Why can’t the panel (in general excellent IMO) just provide the option, rather than secretly do stuff behind the user’s back like this?

They probably thought that when a new user is created, then it’s most likely that they’ll add a mailbox for that user right away. So they combine that and give you the mailbox without hassle.

Maybe this is true most of the time for most of the customers, and if you don’t need the mailbox then you’re the exception. Of course I don’t have the stats so I’m just guessing here.

They could also make the “Add new user” page in a way where you can select by checkboxes and radio buttons:
X - do you want mailbox?
X - do you want FTP?
X - do you want Samba?
X - do you want shell?
O - /bin/bash shell
O - /bin/tcsh shell
O - /bin/ksh shell
O - /bin/zsh shell

… but they didn’t. Perhaps that would be worth requesting?

TorbenGB

I happened to setup a user via the panel just the other night, and I simply didn’t choose an email address for the user - you can just hit “continue” without selecting a domain.