Creating Multisite, unable to log back in

Hello all.

First of all, I’m a total noob it terms of web-developing. I’m way over my head, I can tell you that much.

I’m trying to set up a Multisite, following this wiki:

I choose the sub-directories option since I’m in a shared hosting plan.

After step 6 I try to log in to no avail. It doesn’t even tell me the password is wrong, it just redirects me back to log in. ( in%2F&reauth=1)

If I restore the wp-config.php and .htaccess files I can log back in. If I drop a few tables (wp_blogs wp_blog_versions wp_registration_log wp_signups wp_site wp_sitemeta) in my mysql database I loose the “a network has been detected” warning if I try to start again.

Funny thing is, I got it to “work” once, with sub-domains (it didn’t actually work, but I was able to log back in). I’ve reinstalled wordpress quite a few times since then. I’ve even re-hosted the domain and change the ftp user since then.

I messed it up, that seems obvious. I can’t just figure out where.

Thanks in advance to anyone trying to help me.

I forgot to mention what I intend to do, just in case there’s a simpler solution.

I want to have a multi-language site. Basically going to should redirect you based on your browser’s language to one of the custom pages (i.e: Spanish and French and, or to the default English ( Those three pages would be essentially only different in their language. I want to include a comic -using Comic Easel plugin for example-, but I don’t think that’s going to be a hindrance multisite-ly.

Being able to access other pages ( or without being redirected would be great… not a must I suppose.

I suppose I could set the redirect in the main site, then setting up three different pages in the sub-directories, but I thought that in the long run the maintenance would be much simple with a multisite.

I hope I’m making some sort of sense.

Thanks again.

Well, this is embarrassing.

Deleted cookies, was able to login into the multisite.

Just in case anyone finds himself in the same hole.