Creating database trouble

I’m trying to create a database through the web panel, and getting the following error:
'You’re already using “mysql.hcs64.com” for a database (or website).'
Now I know I’m already using that host name for a database, I have 4 on it already. It’s been a few months since I added them and I don’t remember what the exact procedure is, so I’m suspecting that I’m just doing something wrong, but I can’t figure out what it is.
What I’m trying:
Database Name: type in a (unique) database name
Hostname: select host domain base from the dropdown (“hcs64.com” in this case), leave the “mysql” field as it was
First User: tried selecting both an existing user and creating a new one, neither works
hit Add new database now!

The panel shouldn’t repsond with that error unless you’re in the “Add New Hostname” section. Try it one more time with a bogus random DB Name (yh44f6) and if it fails again with that same error, send a ticket in to Support.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

You don’t need to type in the hostname if it already exists. There’s a Use Hostname dropdown menu that should already have mysql.hcs64.com listed. It sounds like you’re using the Create New Hostname entry in that dropdown menu.

-Scott

The weird thing is that I don’t have a “Use Hostname” dropdown. I saw that that had been mentioned in another post with this error…

It really does sound like you’re trying to use the Add New Hostname section.

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=goodies.mysql&

Scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I was at the Create a new database, there just wasn’t a “Use Hostname” box. Turns out something was broken, I contacted support and they fixed it up.
Thanks for your help all the same.