Creating Custom DNS

is there a tutorial or something about how can I setup my custom DNS for my domain here?

You can start with the Wiki:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/DNS

-Scott

wiki has no information at all, it says gen rely that you can configure dns. I was asking technically, I have done it in other servers but there was information like what do I pointy my custom dns entries to etc.

Actually, there is quite a lot of DNS related information in the wiki.

Do you have a specific question?

–rlparker

A lot of the wiki is either specific entries about how to do a particular thing using DNS. Much of the rest is just a description of how the control panel works.

What kind of information are you looking for? Are you looking to do a particular thing? Or are you looking for general information about the different kinds of DNS entries and what they’re used for? Or are you looking for information about running your own DNS server?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

As the others have said, it is a little difficult to know exactly what you are trying to achieve.

When you refer to ‘custom DNS’, do you mean you wish to add some A-Records, CNAMEs etc, or do you wish the name servers for your domain to be of the form ‘ns1.yourdomain.com’?

Mark

Web Hosting Reviews | DreamHost Promo Code

simply say I am just looking the way to make my domain dns to say instead of dns1.dreamhost.com dns1.mydomain.com etc …
sorry I did not mean to sound rude , or pushy I just thought when I signed up it said custom DNS records. its not a big deal but still would be nice.

You might find some useful info in this thread.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I appreciate that, and I don’t think any of us are trying to be “rude” either (and several of us have answered your questions), but you might note that 4 of the 5 total posts you have made to these forums were previously addressed pretty thoroughly in previous forum posts.

The forums’ software search tool might actually get you some of these answers quicker than waiting for a repose to your posts, if you elect to use it (as seiler just pointed out). :wink:

–rlparker