Creating another database

I would like to create a second database in, but when I tried to do that from panel I am getting a message saying that “You’re already using “” for a database (or website).”

It seems odd that I can only have one database per address. Have I missed a step?

Are you specifying that you want to create a new hostname at If so, you don’t need to. Just choose your existing hostname in the “Use Hostname:” drop down.

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
They’re Dreamhost coupons!

as lensman said, is your hostname but not your database name.

You went to the right place to create a new database. You can select the same hostname for your new database. Key in a new name for database and it should be straight forward.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I think I figured out the issue.

My original database was created prior mid-2006.

I found this note in the wiki:
"NOTE: Since about mid-2006 all new databases you create should be on the same MySQL server and thus the hostnames should be inter-changeable so you can access all your databases from a single hostname. Databases you created prior to this time will not necessarily be on the same MySQL server, and may still have their own hostname(s). "

Retrieved from "