Creating an SEO for my website

I want to get my new website out into search engines. I just read through a lot of stuff, but haven’t a clue what they’re talking about. Technology is very complicated n like a foreign language. Is there a simple way of getting SEO on your website?

It’s very difficult to answer general questions like this, but you say you’ve read a lot of stuff. Do you have specific questions that we could help you with?

You can always start by reading Google’s guidelines for webmasters.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Basically, I just want to know how I can set up the SEO on my website, so that people can find it on Google n other search engines. The instructions on Dream Host n WordPress aren’t too clear (too technical) n long-winded. Is there a simple way of doing this, that’s easy to understand? Can you help please?

SEO = Search Engine Optimization

Search Engines supply a list of web pages resulting from quarries performed by users looking for specific or general information.

The best SEO is to write rich and informative content that the user is looking for, period.

Hi, what are quarries? I can write content, but what I would like to know is how to connect my website to search engines, so that anyone can find it. I’m sorry I’m rubbish at technology n not familiar with tech terms. The website is complete - now it needs to go out into the world. Do I need to install anything? Or click on anything? I haven’t a clue what to do.

A quarry is a search… what you type into the search box at Bing or Google.

If Bing or Google think your content is the best match for what the user is looking for, your page will be included high in the search results for that quarry.

It all starts with your content. Write rich content.

Bing and Google will find your pages naturally, but you should open accounts at Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. These are the places you can keep track of how they see your webpages.

Download the plugin yoast seo if you’re using wordpress it will basically tell you what’s good and what’s not on your site in terms of On Page SEO. Also make sure you have good unique content and are using headings/h1/h2 etc with words you want to show up for. The more content you have the more you’ll see your site show up for related keywords. SEO takes a lot of time but make sure you’re even showing up in Google for your site at all if not connect Google search console to your site so you can submit your site and get on Google first.

Yoast is keyword based. Search Engines have mostly stopped indexing keywords, moving more toward AI (Artificial Intelligence) algorithms that attempt to judge the user’s intent and not just the search terms.

Keywords are a thing of the past. Write rich content and you will get the traffic.

Remove anything that slows down your site.
Link to other websites with relevant content. …
Write for humans first, search engines second. …
Encourage other trustworthy sites to link to you. …
Have web analytics in place at the start. …
Write unique and relevant meta descriptions for every page.