Creating a Rails app

Hi,

I’m completely new to this, I am trying to transfer my Ruby on Rails app to DreamHost. I’m using the Wiki provided by DreamHost. I can connect to DreamHost using command prompt or FileZilla however when i navigate to mydomin.com and then type ‘rails ror’ to create the file structure it is saying its an invalid command.

Please can someone suggest where I’m going wrong?

Many Thanks

Tom

Iv figured out its because i was connecting to the server wrongly. Im now trying to login via SSH using Putty. The username/password are the ones for the DH FTP account. However it is not working saying this account is only for FTP connections but iv read in several places that you should use the FTP username and password.

Please could someone help, it be very much appreciated!!

You have to enable your ID for use as a shell login. Go to the Users>>Manage Users screen in the control panel and cilck “Edit” on the user you want to use for shell access. On the next screen, in the “User Account Type” section, click on the radio button for “Shell account - allows FTP plus ssh/telnet access.”

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Thank you!!

You’re welcome. Remember that it takes a little while to take effect. Not hours but 10-20 minutes or so sometimes.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options