Crazy Domain Insane VS. Happy Hosting

I feel kind of silly for having to ask this, but exactly what IS the difference between Crazy Domain Insane and Happy Hosting?

I’ve used CDI for a while now and only recently became aware of an option for me to ‘upgrade’ to Happy Hosting.

I’ve Googled my query, but the information that it pulls up is a year+ outdated.

So, please, can someone tell me what the difference is and why I would or would not want to switch over?

Many thanks,

~ MEK

As you already know, over time a company that offers services or products will change how they offer them in response to variables such as how much they cost to provide, ease of deployment and maintenance, popularity, competition, etc.

I’m not able to find a list of the old plans, but if you are still on one, you can go to “Manage Account” in the Web Panel and compare it to http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting.html to decide for yourself. It might save you money because AFAIK the biggest differences deal with more resources offered on an “unlimited” basis instead of higher rates or additional fees. But beware the bandwith/diskspace amounts offered.

:cool: openvein.org -//-

Here is what I remember about the difference between the two plans.

Crazy Domain Insane: Disk Storage: 150GB, Monthly Bandwidth: 1.5TB,

Happy Hosting: Disk Storage: 200GB, Monthly Bandwidth: 2TB

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

It’s kind of funny because several months back, there was an option to upgrade my CDI account to have unlimited bandwidth and storage and ‘unlimited’ pretty much everything else. I upgraded back then, so now, I have my CDI account with unlimited everything.

But now, I also have the option to upgrade to Happy Hosting.

I’m so confused!

Am I on equal par with those who have Happy Hosting now without the upgrade?

Additionally, here is what I get for a message when/if I click on the ‘Upgrade’ ‘link’:

[quote]You are making the following changes to your plan:

• Change to our “Happy Hosting” plan.
  • Note: The new plan does not provide any free Unique IPs, SSL Certificates, or VPN users.

Your refund credit: $94.54.
Your new first charge: $119.40.
You will be charged: $24.86 on your next rebill day.[/quote]
Does this mean if I upgrade, I will be charged a fee of $24.86 payable next month?

Does this mean I’m essentially restarting my billing cycle to begin/end whenever the upgrade happens?

[quote]Am I on equal par with those who have Happy Hosting now without the upgrade?

Does this mean if I upgrade, I will be charged a fee of $24.86 payable next month?

Does this mean I’m essentially restarting my billing cycle to begin/end whenever the upgrade happens?[/quote]
It’s best to contact support through the Web Panel to get answers to these questions instead of asking other customers.

:cool: openvein.org -//-

Go with the cheapest option should be more than enough

Use the coupon code [color=#CC0000]60DOLLARS[/color] when signing up to Dreamhost for an instant [color=#CC0000]$60 off[/color]!

Don’t be too excited with unlimited. There are terms and conditions about unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Read TOS carefully.

Personally I won’t suggest you to upgrade your plan UNLESS you really run out of space. I think 150GB should be more than enough for 99.99% of users.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here