Cpanel

Can I have a demo account to see how your CPanel works?

Thanks,
YesPro

I have never known Dreamhost to provide demo accounts, though you could certainly ask via the contact form at http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi.

Dreamhost offers a 97 day money-back guarantee, which ought to be long enough for anyone to evaluate, or “check out” the way the Control Panel, or other aspects of DH hosting works.

–rlparker

Firstly, DreamHost do not use cPanel, they use a ‘home-grown’ panel of their own making. I am not even sure the DreamHost panel has a name, except for ‘Web Admin Panel’ :slight_smile:

You can create a test panel account using the link below. However, I don’t think you can actually do too much without a hosting plan or a domain or two under the account.

https://panel.dreamhost.com/login/new.cgi

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thank you! I am registered and I already screened the DH Panel. It is fine.

Thank you!
YesPro

I find the DreamHost panel to be far superior to cPanel. Once you have some hosting and a few domains under the account you will really appreciate the functionality provided.

If you do decide to purchase a hosting plan, I think you can add it to the test account via the panel, without creating a new account.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thank you Mark! last concern: am I able to set quota for each mailbox?

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Yes you can. I believe the default for a newly created mailbox is 50MB, but you can increase this to whatever you wish, up to the storage limits of your hosting plan.

Mark

Thanks for your help! I will be a DH’s user very soon and we will see each other again on this forum.

Thanks!

That is good to hear. I hope the process goes smoothly for you and you enjoy your time here at DreamHost.

If you have any problems, be sure to post in these forums, there are always helpful people around willing to lend a helping hand.

No problem :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Mark

See! Not everyone new is miserable!

Wholly