Cpanel?

Just wanted to ask why is there no cpanel? I am so used to a cpanel that this dreamhost webpanel is a nightmare.

You’re about as funny as a crotch–Archie Bunker

The folks at DreamHost decided to tailor-make a Web Panel instead of using the cpanel. Judging from my own use of it, and the comments from other forum users, it seems to be very popular, very useful, and certainly tailor-made to take advantage of the special things that DH gives us in their plans.

As far as I know, there are no plans to change this. And no desire from the customers in general.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

[quote]Just wanted to ask why is there no cpanel? I am so used to a cpanel that this dreamhost webpanel is a nightmare.

[/quote]

Yes, CPanel is different, but I don’t see how DreamHost’s own web control panel is that bad to be called a nightmare. I think it does its job WELL! :wink:

GungHost.com - Gung-ho Web Hosting :: $7.95/mo for 800 MB Disk and 120 GB Transfer

Yes, perhaps "nightmare’ was an overstatement. But, I feel like I’m starting from square one with the Dreamhost webpanel. Cpanel was sooo much easier.

You’re about as funny as a crotch–Archie Bunker

I like the Dreamhost panel, myself. I’m not really familiar with Cpanel; what does it have that Dreamhost doesn’t?

– Dan

Enough ubiquity to encourage finding and exploiting vulnerabilitlies?