CPanel Login Error

Hi all,

I have a dreamhost account(ID:binnyva) - but for the last few days I cannot login to the control panel. The password and the user name is correct - it shows no error - but I am not being logged in.

I searched the wiki and found this…

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/_Logging_In_To_the_Web_Panel

[quote]If you’re getting the same page again and again with no error message, that
means your browser did not accept the cookie we sent it. Make sure you set
your browser preferences to accept cookies. There is no harm in doing so;
all we do is pass you your username, your encrypted password, and the fact
that you are a DreamHost customer.

[/quote]

This is exactly what is happening to me - except that I am accepting cookies - I can login to other sites without any problems. I even tried other browsers - Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, etc. Still no luck.

I even took a look at the headers…
Response Headers
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:45:18 GMT
Server Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e
Keep-Alive timeout=2, max=100
Connection Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding chunked
Content-Type text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
X-Pad avoid browser bug

Request Headers
Host panel.dreamhost.com
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008
Firefox/2.0.0.8
Accept
text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,/;q=0.5
Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 300
Connection keep-alive
Cookie ndnsessiongoo=[50 char alpha/numeric hash]

If anyone knows, please let me know what I can do to login again.

Is there an email address for the support from dreamhost - as I cannot not use the ‘Support’ feature in the Cpanel - as I said, I can’t login. (support@dreamhost.com will not work - its automated)

Thanks.

Binny V A

The first thing you should try is to delete all your DreamHost cookies, clear your cache, and try again (get a new cookie issued).

–rlparker

Just did that - now I get this error

Error! Uh oh! Please make sure cookies are enabled! If so, try deleting your “dreamhost.com” cookie and re-trying!

I get this error after I deleted all the cookies. If I don’t delete the cookie, I get no error - but I still stay in the login page.

Binny V A

Have you confirmed that your browser accepts the cookie? Is it in your list of cookies?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

[quote]Have you confirmed that your browser accepts the cookie?
[/quote]

Yes it does

[quote]Is it in your list of cookies?
[/quote]

The dreamhost cookie was in the list of cookies. The name of the cookie was ‘ndnsessiongoo’ and the value was a 50 char alpha/numeric hash which I cannot post here for obvious reasons.

Binny V A

Have you tried contacting support via the following contact form?
http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

I know it sounds crazy, but is it possible that the ID you’re using doesn’t have panel access enabled?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

[quote]Have you tried contacting support via the following contact form?
http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi
[/quote]

That I will do right away.

[quote]I know it sounds crazy, but is it possible that the ID you’re using doesn’t have panel access enabled?
[/quote]

No - I have been using this same ID to login to the cpanel for a long time - suddenly it just stopped working.

Binny V A

I’ve definitely run out of ideas. :frowning:

Hi guys,

I just found what the issue was - and it was completely my fault. Sorry about troubling you all.

[quote]I know it sounds crazy, but is it possible that the ID you’re using doesn’t have panel access enabled?
[/quote]

The email address was what I was supposed to use and not the ID. Yes, I am feeling very stupid right now.

Anyway, thank you of all your help.

Binny V A

It’s ok Binny, we all have those days! I’m just glad you’re back in the panel.