CPAN XML RSS Module -

I’ve yet to install this perl module on my server. I’d figured I post this, tommorow afternoon come back and have some input on how to get this done, and a better idea on it.

What I basically need is an explanation on how to exexute those commands in shell. Would I be able to input the raw command in my FTP Program (Cute FTP Professional) or use something else? If something else what? Also whats a package-manager? The install file mention this making the install easier.

This is a great module for use with Invision Power Board.

CPAN XML RSS MODULE :
http://search.cpan.org/~kellan/XML-RSS-1.05/lib/RSS.pm

"
Installation :
Section 3.
Use a package-manager if you want to make this easy.
FYI: ActiveState perl comes with one, refer to the docs.
Several versions of linux have their own package managers
(e.g. yum, up2date, apt, rpm).

No package manager? No problem. Run this as root:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

You may have to set up the general configuration of
the CPAN tool here. The default options are pretty safe.

Next, type:

install XML::RSS

The XML::RSS package will be downloaded. You may be asked
to authorize the installation of some prerequisite modules.
Install them all.

Leave the CPAN shell:

exit
"

So the above is all I have to do, any input is appreciated.

The Knights Of Death® :: An Exclusive XBOX LIVE™ American Gaming Clan

I’m assuming your new to this and assuming that you don’t know how to install a Perl module.

There are two locations that Perl modules can go - where Perl itself is installed, and in your home directory. DreamHost staff gets to install modules where Perl is installed so that everyone on your server gets to use them. You get to install modules in your home directory so that only you get to use them.

AFAIK, you can’t use PPM or CPAN to install modules into your home directory. If the module is rather simple, you can just copy the source files. XML-RSS uses XML::Parser, which I believe is already installed.

1. Make a directory to store Perl modules in your home directory, eg /home/username/lib
  2. Make a directory /home/username/lib/XML
  3. Upload RSS.pm into that directory, eg /home/username/XML/RSS.pm
  4. In your Perl scripts use this: use lib '/home/username/lib'; use XML::RSS;
    :cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS