CP - Forwarding emails

In the Addresses CP, EDIT address,
ACTION- send to the mailboxes I highlight below

there is a note at the bottom about control-click.

Edit Address
Email Sent To:
Address anything@domain.com (all possible addresses at domain)

Action:
Send to the mailboxes I highlight below:

(control-click to toggle on Windows, command-click on Macintosh)

What does this clicking DO? On my Mac, running OS X, latest version, Safari, latest version, I don’t see it toggling.

What am I missing here?

thanks

A selection list can allow you to choose more than one option or only one option.

This is the behavior with Mozilla 1.7b on Windows XP:

1. Just clicking on option will select that option and deselect all other options.
  2. While holding down Ctrl and clicking:
    a. if the option is not selected, the option becomes selected.
    b. if the option is selected, the option is deselected.
    c. no other options are affected.

So the upshot is that to forward to more than one address, if you have to use method #2 if using a mouse. The behavior though depends on your web browser, so if holding the Command key down and clicking on an option does do not follow method #2, perhaps somebody familiar with Macs can help you.

An alternative is to use only the keyboard. Again on WinXP with Mozilla:

1. Tab to the selection list
  2. Hold down Ctrl and use arrow keys to move the cursor to an option
  3. While still holding down Ctrl, press spacebar to select or deselect the option

If you hold down Shift instead, you can use arrow keys to select consecutive options.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

“The behavior though depends on your web browser, so if holding the Command key down and clicking on an option does do not follow method #2, perhaps somebody familiar with Macs can help you.”

I logged out and closed Safari and started Internet Explorer for Mac OS X and logged in with it, and the display was basically the same.

I would be interested in hearing from someone using Mac OS X, if I am seeing what I am supposed to see here.

thanks, Atropos7. May the Fates be kind to you.

roshi

(the next day). Everything is working now, although nothing visible has changed on the mail control panel.

So it may be that I clicked on the Addresses ACTION box in the addresses CP of the Mail CP, while poking around, and accidentally changed something. Something that gave no visual cue.

I am not sure what the cause was, but for 6 hours yesterday, my mail was forwarded to my other account, but was not sent to my main DH mailbox.